Sage 300 ERP (Accpac) Compatibility Guide
Technology & Supported Platform Updates for Sage 300 ERP 2012
Most notable changes in the Sage 300 ERP 2012 release are web components require a web server to operate, along with support for the following:
Many companies are using server virtualization, which allows multiple operating systems to be installed on a single server, and can reduce the amount of hardware that is required to run all the software needed by the business. Since virtualization allows a variety of operating systems and software configuration settings to be used on a single machine, application virtualization provides a much more flexible way for companies to run applications, such as Sage 300 ERP. The flexibility benefits of virtualization mean that all those operating systems and applications could potentially be run on a single piece of hardware. Sage 300 ERP is now supported running in virtualization environments using:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Citrix Xen Apps
- VMware ESX
Sage 300 ERP 2012 will be supported running on:
- Microsoft Windows 7, and 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2011
Supported database platforms for Sage 300 ERP 2012:
- Microsoft SQL 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014
- Pervasive 11
- Oracle 11g
- Office 2013
|Sage 300 ERP component||Internet Explorer||Google Chrome||Safari||Mozilla Firefox|
|Sage 300 ERP Portal*
(Navigation, Snapshots, Inquiry)
|V6.0 & 2012 releases||2012 release||2012 Release||2012 release|
|Sage CRM||Version 7.1||Version 7.1 SP2||Version 7.1 SP2||Version 7.1 SP2|
|Sage CRM for iPhone||Version 7.1|
|Sage CRM for iPad||Version 7.2|
|Quote/Order ERP-CRM Integration||V6.0 & 2012 releases||2012 release||2012 release||2012 release|
*IE support for the Portal requires a minimum of IE9
The following information is intended to cover all supported platforms regarding the compatibility of various operating systems with Sage ERP Accpac Version 6.0. You should assume that any operating system not listed below is incompatible with the current version of Sage ERP Accpac.
Sage Customer Support Services supports Sage ERP Accpac only on platforms that are listed as supported in this document. You can submit requests to support additional operating systems, as well as your suggestions for enhancing the product, to Sage ERP Accpac Ideas.
Version 6.0 Compatibility
- Sage ERP Accpac Version 6.0 requires Pervasive PSQL Version 10.2 or higher.
- Sage ERP Accpac Version 6.0 now supports Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 and Microsoft SQL 2008 R2
- Sage ERP Accpac Version 6.0 does not support older versions of Pervasive PSQL (Version 9.7 or earlier) or Oracle (Version 10.0 or earlier).
- Windows 2003 and 2008 Small Business server are supported, but remain untested. Due to the number of features included in Windows Small Business servers, we recommended that, for optimal performance, you install Sage ERP Accpac on a separate machine.
- The Analysis module for Sage Accpac Intelligence is not compatible with Microsoft Excel 2003.
- Sage is phasing out support of DCOM for Web Deployment in favor of .Net. Although DCOM is supported in Version 6.0, .Net is the preferred method. With the release of Sage ERP Accpac Version 6.1, DCOM will no longer be supported.
Sage ERP Accpac Portal Requirements
The Sage ERP Accpac Portal supports:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Versions 7 and 8, only.
- Microsoft SQL Server (including Microsoft SQL Server Express) and Pervasive PSQL. Note that the portal database can use a different database format than the company and system databases.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) Version 6 or 7. (IIS is required for the web server).
Thinking about project cost management? We can help with Cloud Hosted Solutions or call us at 866-436-3530 to discuss hardware leasing options.
|Small Business||Mid-Size Business||Large Enterprise|
|# of Users||1 - 5||5 - 10||10 & above|
|Modules*||Financials & Operations Modules||Financials & Operations Modules||Financials & Operations Modules|
|Db Engine||Pervasive.SQL / Microsoft SQL Express or Standard (x86 or x64)||Microsoft SQL Standard x64||Microsoft SQL Standard x64|
|Db Size||0.25 - 5 GB||5 - 10 GB||> 10 GB|
|OS||Windows Server Standard x86||Windows Server Standard w/Terminal Services x64||x86 and x64 Windows Server Standard / Enterprise with Citrix|
* Financials Modules include: System Manager, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. Operations Modules include: Inventory Control, Order Entry and Purchase Orders.
Recommended Hardware Specifications
|Small Business||Mid-Size Business||Large Enterprise|
|Sage ERP Accpac Server||
|Sage ERP Accpac Portal Server||
|Citrix Terminal Server||
* For SQL Express, check CPU and RAM limitations
Database Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise, Standard, Workgroup, and Express Editions are supported.
- Oracle Enterprise, Standard, and Standard Edition One are supported for company and system databases. Oracle is not supported for the portal database.
- Only the WE8MSWIN1252 code set is supported in an Oracle environment.
Application Server Operating Systems
- Printing in Web Deployment requires Sage ERP Accpac Web Reporting by Crystal. Currently, Web Deployment ships with Crystal RAS XI R1, while the regular deployment uses Crystal Reports Runtime Edition XI R2.
- Sage ERP Accpac Web Reporting by Crystal is not supported on Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
- Previous versions of Crystal Enterprise are not compatible with System Manager 6.0.
Sage ERP Accpac Version 5.6 Compatibility Guide
Download the Compatibility Guide for Sage ERP Accpac Version 5.6