When implementing a new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, it is very important to have everyone on the same page. All stakeholders in the organization have a reason to be involved in some way, so having an organized group in each department is essential for the implementation's success. However, businesses often don't consider the role of their executives, especially executives that are at the corporate level. Oftentimes, these are the ones who called for the change as a way of improving the overall business. Not only is it absolutely necessary for the executives to be involved, but they must also own the transition process.Read More
Let’s say you have imported a list of names into Microsoft® Excel® from Sage 300 Payroll, and the first names and surnames are all added to one column of data but in order to manipulate the data you would like to have the surnames extracted to a separate column. You can do this using various methods of extracting text from a text string. In this tip we show you how, by nesting the MID and FIND functions, the surname can be extracted from the name string.
Have you recently upgraded your Sage Intelligence Reporting software and found that you can’t see your new or updated reports in the Report Manager now? There is no need to worry, you can still quickly and easily access your reports by using the Report Managers’ "Bulk Import and Update" feature.
Bulk importing is used to automatically import new and updated reports that are included with the new version of Sage Intelligence into your Report Manager. The Bulk Import feature does not delete or change your existing reports or any of the settings in the reports.Read More
Using the QuickBooks accounting system might have suited your business well in the beginning, but things change. You may now have more human resources, more capital resources, more clients, and a more complex business than when you started. There comes a time when all those spreadsheets, hand-written notes and documents, and other workarounds you’ve began using to compensate for a lack of functionality in the QuickBooks system just aren't working anymore. It is in your best interest to consider migrating to a system that is advanced enough to deal with your business how it is today and how it will become in the future. If you’re ready to move to a more powerful and robust account system, Sage 300 ERP may be the one for you.
7 reasons to upgrade from QuickBooks to Sage 300 ERP
- More data access to make better, faster decisions: Sage 300 ERP features at-a-glance dashboards and customizable reporting and analytics which allow you to focus on the most important details when it comes to managing your business. With this data easily available, you are able to make faster decisions, stay within budget, and identify any new revenue and profit opportunities to help your business grow.
- Confidence in your accounting: Sage 300 is different than Quickbooks because it was designed to handle complex accounting needs of growing businesses. By eliminating spreadsheets and other dated practices, you will have more accurate data about your company’s finances giving you confidence in the case of an audit, and the tools needed to speed up financial close.
- Sage 300 ERP keeps future growth in mind: You’re business is growing, so it's hard to say where you could be three, five, or ten years from now. Sage 300 ERP grows with you and easily expands to fit your needs as they come up. The modular design of Sage 300 allows businesses to pick the functionality that best fits their business needs now and as your needs change, you can easily add more users and modules.
- You can now work the way that you want to: Sage 300 has flexibility that allows user-level personalization and role-based dashboards so that you have immediate access to the data you want and need to be at your best.
- It’s simple to use: We understand that the move from QuickBooks to Sage 300 ERP can be intimidating. This is considering that a larger system means a more complex one, but not when it comes to user experiences. Sage 300 is definitely more complex under the surface to help you manage your more complex business needs, but this does not mean it is more complex to use. Unlike other ERP systems, Sage 300 has an intuitive, user-centered design so you can focus on your work, not on figuring out how to use the software.
- Increased visibility and tracking: With Sage 300 ERP you'll be able to see more than financial data. You can see up-to-the minute data across your organization; from financial to shop-floor and anything in between. You will be able to track inventory in any location(s).
- Streamline processes in the back office with integration and automation: Put an end to wasting time and money on manual data entry and other non-value added manual processes. Seamless integration between CRM, ecommerce, and financials allows you to eliminate data entry errors and operate an end-to-end business system, automating and integrating everything from accounts receivable management to sales orders, payroll and everything else.
CRM (customer relationship management) software is a powerful and useful tool that can enhance the sales and marketing process and help build customer relationships. However, many businesses today struggle to get their sales and marketing teams to all use their CRM system. Although the productivity benefits are clear, actually getting employees to accept and use new software and processes can be difficult.Read More
How do I find an ERP consultant that I can count on for a successful implementation?Read More
Sage University is now offering many free recorded training sessions and live sessions at a discounted rate for Sage Gold Business Care Customers. You can sign up as many employees as you'd like to have access to Sage University. Each employee can then create their own SageU account , just make sure they reference your Sage account number.
You can sign up for Sage Uinversity for Sage 300 ERP on the Sage University registration page here.Read More
Technology is constantly making advancements, and this means ERP systems are too. It is very important for distributors and manufacturers to have an efficient, smart, and integrated ERP solution in order to be successful. People no longer create hand-written records of production, purchase, and sales. Clustered file cabinets are no longer the way to maintain your data reports. However, ERP is much more than just keeping your data on a hard drive.
In this article we will discuss 5 signs that you might need to upgrade your system.Read More
Sage CRM is used by over 12,000 organizations in 70 countries to manage their critical sales, marketing and customer service activities each day. Sage CRM provides a full suite of CRM modules, which includes Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service, providing your team with one source for all customer-related data and information.Read More
Tags: Sage CRM