Accepting Online Payments From Customers in Sage 300 2021
One of the new features in Sage 300 2021 is the ability to accept payments from your customers through online service providers like PayPal and Stripe. Let's take a look at how it works and how to connect to a payment provider.
How it Works
To accept payments through an online provider, you connect the provider to your Sage 300 company. Once you've done this, PDF invoices that you send include a Pay Now button that your customers can click-to-pay through that provider.
If you connect multiple online providers, your customers will be presented with options and can choose their preferred provider after clicking pay now. After your customers has made an electronic payment, you complete the accounting by downloading and reconciling receipts for those payments.
Connecting to Providers
Follow these steps to connect to payment providers:
- Open Common Services > Service Center > Payments Acceptance.
- Depending on whether a provider has previously been connected for your company, perform the following steps:
- If a provider has previously been connected for your company, click Connect.
- If a provider has NOT previously been connected:
Enter the country or region where your company operates. Make sure the currency of the country you enter is the same as the functional currency for your company. Click Connect.
Next, enter an email address. In the unlikely event that your connection to a provider needs to be reactivated, the reactivation code will be sent to this email address. Click Sign Up
- Click a provider. On the next screen click Connect Account.
- If you already have an account with the provider, you can sign in to connect your existing account. Otherwise, you can create a new account during this process.
After Connecting to a Provider
Once you’ve connected to a provider and customers are using the ‘Pay Now’ button, you download receipts for online payments by clicking Get Online Payments on the A/R Receipt Batch List screen. When you do this, receipts and bank entries are created for any online payments that have not yet been downloaded.
Contact Us if you need help with Sage 300 online payments.