The outer modules (Order Entry, Purchase Orders, and Inventory Control) pass transaction down to the Sub-ledger or financial modules of the Accpac System. The sub-ledgers pass transaction down to the General Ledger. Nothing from General Ledger or the sub-ledgers flow back to the outer modules. Note that transactions entered in the General Ledger do not update the Bank module.
Comments Day-End Function
Each time you run day-end processing, the program processes all the transactions you have posted in Order Entry, Purchase Orders, and Inventory Control since the last you ran day-end processing.
- Produces general ledger journal entries from the transactions in Order Entry, Purchase Orders, and Inventory Control that were posted during the day.
- Produces a posting journal for each type of transaction that was posted.
- Updates costing data for all transactions (unless you chose the option to update costing during posting).
- Updates inventory control statistics and transaction history.
- Processes the transactions that were posted during the day in Accpac Order Entry, Purchase Orders and Inventory Control, if you use those programs.
This process should be part of your daily routine to keep your Inventory Control audit trail and reports up to date.