Using ACCPAC financial statement designer, we can easily enable the FR Drilldown function in ACCPAC . This function allows a user to right-click their mouse on a specified field on the financial statement in Excel and drill into the original transactions within ACCPAC.
1) Login in to ACCPAC , go to GL Financial Reporter, “Statement Designer”, and start the program.
2) This will open an Excel workbook, use the canned ACCPAC financial statement quickinc1.xls located in my applications directory, which will be something similar to C:\Program Files\Sage Software\Sage Accpac\GL56A\ENG. Depending on which version of ACCPAC you are running it may be GL55A\ENG, GL54A\ENG, etc.
3) Notice the highlighted formula below in cell G15:
The formula is =FRAMTA(“NETYTD”) , which is pulling YTD net changes for that column. We want to enable drilldown for this column of data.
4) Change each of the control formulas in cells G15, G24, and G32 to enable drilldown. The new formula used will be =FRTRNA(“NETYTD”) . Adding FRTRNA as the formula type will enable drill down in your ACCPAC financial statements.
5) Rerun the financial statement using FR VIEW
You will notice in the output that there are now red arrows in each of my data cells:
These signify that drill down functionality is available for that cell.
6) Right mouse-click one of those cells, and choose “FR Drilldown”, you will get a window that shows all transactions that make up that number for the period.
You can take this another step further as well, if you highlight one of the rows in this window and double-click it you can drill directly into the original GL batch entry:
7) A few items to note:
We hope this tech-tip is helpful to you and if you have any other questions, comments and/or feedbacks regarding Sage Accpac's Financial Reporter feature or function we would love to hear from you.
When you have staff entering hundreds of purchase orders, orders, and invoices, daily into your Sage...
Wondering what your users are up to in your Sage 300 system? You don’t need to wonder anymore. The r...
Sage constantly seeks to expand its product’s capabilities and tools by regularly rolling out system...
United States: 533 2nd Street Encinitas, CA 92024
Canada: #301 - 220 Brew Street Port Moody, BC V3H 0H6
Phone: 866.436.3530 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org