Here is an example of a situation:
The user logs into Sage 300 ERP (Accpac) Portal on June 25, 2012 and has not log out of the Portal since. On July 5, 2012, the user creates an AR receipt. Since the user's curent session date in portal is still June 25, 2012, the transaction created intended for July 5 will still have a transacton date of June 25, 2012.
Here is the issue that will cause a problem:
If users do not log out from Sage 300 ERP (Accpac) Portal on a daily basis, any transaction(s) created will use the most recent Portal login date as the the transacition date.
Here is the Solution
As a best practice, it is recommended that users log out of Portal after all transactions have been processed for the day. However we are aware that in some cases this may not be always possible. One way to avoid this scenario is to setup a timeout setting for Sage 300 ERP (Accpac) Portal. This will force a session to timeout once it is idle for a given period and user will have to re-login. By enforcing this you can prevent potential problems with data integrity. Please refer to the steps provided below to setup a time out setting for the Portal:
- Open the web.xml file located in:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sage\Sage Accpac\Tomcat6\webapps\SDataServlet\WEB-INF.
- Search for the param-name value "KeepSessionAlive".
- Change the param-value from true to false
- Save changes.
- 64-bit operating system path location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage\Sage Accpac\Tomcat6\conf
32-bit operating system path location:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sage\Sage Accpac\Tomcat6\conf
- Search for the session-timeout value.
- Modify this value if needed. The session-timeout value indicates the time allowed for a user to remain logged into Portal before they are required to login again. By default this value is 30 (minutes), this means every 30 minutes a user current logged into Portal will be required to log into Accpac Portal every 30 minutes.
- Restart the Tomcat service to apply the new settings.
The above applies to Sage 300 ERP (Accpac) Version 6.0.