Product Update 2 for Sage 300 2017 is now available and it includes many exciting features. Here’s a look at the top 10 new features that we think you should know about.
Feature 1: Item Finder
Among the features are additional fields included in the Item Finder. The Item Finder now includes the following:
- Quantity Available
- Quantity Committed
- Quantity on Hand
- Quantity on Purchase Order
- Quantity on Sales Order
- Preferred Vendor (name and number)
- Preferred Vendor Item Number
Sage 300 Classic Finder
Sage 300c Finder
Feature 2: Easier Email Setup
It is now even easier to set up email. A new email tab on the Company Profile screen has been added to better manage settings.
Feature 3: Modifying Customers with National Accounts
National Accounts now allows you to modify customers with National accounts even if customers have outstanding transactions. This includes adding a national account if the customer did not have one when they were originally setup and changing the national account.
Feature 4: New Help Menu Options
The help menu has new options to get you the help and resources you need.
Feature 5: PO Receipt Entry Duplicate Invoice Number Detection
Receipt Entry in PO now has a feature that would prevent users from entering transactions with duplicate invoice numbers for the same vendor.
Feature 6: New Import Templates with Minimum Required Fields
Often it is necessary to import information into Sage. This product update includes the following import templates. These templates only include the minimum required fields, facilitating the task of importing:
- Accounts Receivable Credit Notes - ARCreditNote1.xlsx
- Accounts Receivable Customers - ARCustomer1.xlsx
- Accounts Receivable Invoice - ARInvoice1.xlsx
- Canadian Payroll Employees - CPEmployee1.xlsx
- Canadian Payroll Timecards - CPTimecard1.xlsx
- General Ledger GL Accounts - GLBasicAccountProfile1.xlsx
- Journal Entry - GLJournalEntry1.xlsx
- Inventory Items - ICItem1.xlsx
- Item Receipts - ICReceipts1.xlsx
- Order Entry Credit Notes - OECreditNote1.xlsx
- Order Entry Orders - OEOrders1.xlsx
- PO Receipts - POReceipt1.xlsx
- PO Requisitions - PORequistions1.xlsx
- US Payroll Employees - UPEmployee1.xlsx
- US Payroll Timecards - UPTimecard1.xlsx
- Accounts Payable Credit Notes - APCreditNote1.xlsx
- Accounts Payable Debit Notes - APDebitNote1.xlsx
- Accounts Payable Invoices - APInvoice1.xlsx
Feature 7: Improved Error Messages in Day-End Processing
Day End process improvements to the error messages, to easier identify errors created during day end processing.
Feature 8: New Order Entry Web Screens and Features
All of the above are included in the 300c version. In addition, 300c has added the following new web screens in Order Entry:
- Invoice Entry
- Shipment Entry
Learn more about using Sage 300c Web Screens, what they are, and how to use them.
You can also get a full list of all available web screens in Sage 300c
Feature 9: Order Entry Invoice Entry with Capture Payments
Use the Order Entry Invoice Entry with Capture Payments to capture and invoice pre-authorized credit card payments for multiple orders or shipments.
Feature 10: Check Customer Credit Status
A new Credit Status tab on the A/R Customers web screen displays credit status, outstanding balances, and other credit-related information for customers and national accounts. (This information was previously available only on the A/R Customer Inquiry screen in Sage 300 classic screens.)
Before Upgrading to Product Update 2 ...
Sage 300 Product Updates contain a modified version of one or more Sage 300 components. It is not a full upgrade or product replacement.Therefore if you are not on Sage 300 2017, please do not download and install this update.
It is recommended that a support technician assist with product update installations.
Note: some product updates require data activation of certain modules due to database changes in the program. If that is the case, you will be prompted to do this when you log in to Sage 300. These modules will be inaccessible until this is done.
Refer to the detailed release notes to get a full list of updates and program fixes.